Wednesday, December 19, 2007

LET US BE...

Photography by John Loengard

This quote from poet Maya Angelou-- caught my eye especially when dealing with sensitive issues found in the DeafRead b/vlogosphere and I thought it is fitting to share with you to remind about ourselves and to move on. This is a short, simple and sweet message for you.

"I don't know if I continue, even today, always liking myself. But what I learned to do many years ago was to forgive myself. It is very important for every human being to forgive herself or himself because if you live, you will make mistakes-it is inevitable. But once you do and you see the mistake, then you forgive yourself and say, 'well, if I'd known better I'd have done better,' that's all (1995)."

As we reflect on this past year, let's think of our glass as "half full" instead of "half empty." Let us be proud of the accomplishments we made, and forgive ourselves of any faults. Let's learn from our mistakes-as well as those of our friends, families, and even vloggers/bloggers/commentators-and make a positive change in 2008!

Have a wonderful holiday season!

Note: Maya Angelou looks like she is signing fascinating, heh? I am not sure if it is intended or just a gesture but you can interpret the way you think.

5 comments:

brenster- said...

Yes! "FASCINATING" sign quickly came to me at first glance at this photo before reading anything below it! Fascinating!

Aidan Mack said...

Let us be! Amen.... Happy Holidays, Aidan

Anonymous said...

very true
very true

heres one to ponder about human nature-

"it is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them"--Pierre Augustin Caron de Beaumarchais, French author and dramatist (1732-1799)

David said...

Yep,

What the picture strikes me is "Fascinating" sign.

Yes we are human beings and we have made so many bad results and mistakes but we still have made so many good results and rights.

Thanks for sharing us and reminding us who we are.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to you all!

Deafchip

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL. We are on this earth for our own journeys. The only way to move forward is to start from within, which includes forgiving self. Being kind to ourselves help us to love others in miraculous ways.

Happy Holidays

Julie Rems-Smario